Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

📺 TV Television General

It just dawned on me during the stream last night that we didn't have a TV thread! What are some shows you guys like to watch, are currently watching, or are among some of your all-time favorites?

As of right now, I'm rewatching Mad Men. Can't recommend it enough. I also rewatched Breaking Bad last year and need to make time to finish Better Call Saul.
  • Kustom
    • Jan 2024

I need to finish Better Call Saul as well..

Actually been rewatching Game of Thrones. First time I watched it was drip fed throughout the actual releases so a lot of things didn't catch on or have much continuity in my mind. I'm finishing up the 6th season right now in more of a binge style and holy shit it's almost a different show. The character development is mindblowing considering how hard it can be to adapt books to shows.

After that probably picking up Apple again for a few months to catch up on a few gems.

Comment

• Althena
      The Goddess
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

I don't have any shows I'm watching now, although I should sit down and compile a list of shows I've watched that I think are important to see. 🤔

Comment

• Random Encounter
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Once we finish Mad Men, I really want to rewatch Halt and Catch Fire. It's amazing the run of shows AMC had in the late 2000s. They really competed with HBO in having TV by the balls.

Comment

• Skunkworks
          Valiant
          • Feb 2024

I haven’t watched a tremendous amount of television recently. The last that I watched (and enjoyed) was Severence and Slow Horses.

Comment

• The Grimace
            Valiant
            • Mar 2024

I have a short attention span and so it's hard for me to sit down and actually watch a series. I did recently subscribe to max though, so I'm very slowly being introduced to Smiling Friends. I enjoy what I've seen so far, but I have to be in a certain "mood" when I want to watch shows, so I'm still only a few episodes in.

Comment

• Random Encounter
              Administrator
              • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
              I have a short attention span and so it's hard for me to sit down and actually watch a series. I did recently subscribe to max though, so I'm very slowly being introduced to Smiling Friends. I enjoy what I've seen so far, but I have to be in a certain "mood" when I want to watch shows, so I'm still only a few episodes in.
              I was introduced to Smiling Friends though my partner. It's a show that keeps me constantly asking "what the fuck is even happening" in the best way.

Comment

• The Grimace
                Valiant
                • Mar 2024

I like lots of RedLetterMedia stuff, so when I'd heard they got Mike Stoklasa to do a voice in their first episode, I was immediately curious. Unfortunately I haven't had cable TV in years and avoided most streaming services, so here I am joining in on the fun several years later. Atleast the show's still great!

God, I wish streaming services were cheaper. And I don't have the patience to pirate. More than anything I'll just put YouTube vids on in the background, and now Google is intending to make that less intuitive with their push to force more advertisements into all of their user-generated content. Greedy bastards, all.

Comment

• Kustom
                  • Jan 2024

Been rewatching Lost. It's aged decently being 20 years old now. Littered with plot holes but great character development.

It actually cracks me up a bit thinking about someone watching this nowadays without the knowledge of commercial cuts back then. This show is a masterclass in the commercial break and end of episode cliffhangers.

Comment

• Skunkworks
                    Valiant
                    • Feb 2024

I started watching Slayers, which sent me down a road of looking up every 90s anime that I've ever enjoyed. I found they are remaking Ranma 1/2. I might actually try to watch this one.

Rumiko Takahashi’s classic Ranma 1/2 is the next of the creator’s major franchises to come back with a new remake anime adaptation, and Ranma 1/2 has revealed the release date and familiar voice cast for the new anime! Rumiko Takahashi’s various franchises have been some of Shogakukan’s biggest hits over the decades and fans might […]

Comment

• The Grimace
                      Valiant
                      • Mar 2024

Man, I need to finish watching all of the Slayers anime series still... Always loved the show, but never finished it.

I've had a bluray of Bubblegum Crisis sitting across the room from me for a year and still haven't popped it in. Why is this so hard?!

Comment

• Selbaek
                        The Hero's Legend
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
                        Man, I need to finish watching all of the Slayers anime series still... Always loved the show, but never finished it.

I've had a bluray of Bubblegum Crisis sitting across the room from me for a year and still haven't popped it in. Why is this so hard?!
                        Oh, can I borrow that when you're done? I, too, like looking at cases sitting on shelves with the intent of using but never actually using them.

Comment

• The Grimace
                          Valiant
                          • Mar 2024

It's like, "oh, this is on sale- I better get it now that it's on sale, because even if I can't entertain myself right now, I'll be happy I bought this when I do finally get around to it!"

SEVEN YEARS LATER...

Steam Sales often work the same way for me, but the positive on that is that I guess steam games don't take up physical space. I guess this is a sort of "positive" when looking at streaming services and their benefits.

Comment

Working...