Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

📺 TV The Last of Us Season 2

I loved the first season of this show. I thought it both handled the source material well while taking liberties where it needed to without compromising the story. Anyone else hyped for season 2?
  • The Grimace
    Valiant
    • Mar 2024

I played through Last of Us part 1 during its original PS3 release and loved the game. I still haven't played Part 2 or seen the TV series, but I do hope to in the future. My problem is I'm not sure I have the constitution for all of these powerful stories! They're really good and impactful but I need to find a good way to pace myself through as I watch. If I don't, I'll get overwhelmed because of the heavy subject matter constantly being thrown my way.

I don't think shows like this are fit for me to binge- they've gotta be slowly consumed like a sweet Chianti. If I don't properly pace myself, I'll get drunk on the sadness.

This month, Last of Us Part 1 (the remake or whatever) has been added to the Playstation Plus Extra/Premium list of games. It's tempting to replay through once again just to relive how good the voice acting was for the original...

Powerful media, I will say. Very powerful.

Comment

• The Grimace
      Valiant
      • Mar 2024

As an aside, I wonder how Part 3 is going? When Part 2 has been translated into the TV series in all its entirety, people are going to be hungry for more. Has Naughty Dog been busy with more for the series? Will HBO hold off on making more for the live-action series until ND finishes the trilogy? This is something that has been at the back of my mind for a while now, knowing how popular the show has become and how much demand is still there for the games.

I'm just afraid of them doing another Game of Thrones finale where no one is happy with the result.

Comment

Working...