Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

🔊 Podcasts Podcasts

I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to during my workday and commutes. I'd love to hear what some of your favorite podcasts are! Some of mine are below:
  • Cancer Kills
    My Team Doesn't
    Valiant
    • Jan 2024

There is this place in Pensacola called Institute for Human and Machine Cognition that does a monthly STEM talk at their Pensacola and Ocala offices. While I don't think they put out an audio only version, they do post all of the talks up on their Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheIHMC

Comment

• Althena
      The Goddess
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

I don't listen to podcasts as often as I'd like, but a friend of mine who's a priest knows I'm a language geek and recommended this to me. It's pretty interesting - it helps me stay "in practice"
      Last edited by Althena; 01-25-2024, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Random Encounter
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Althena
        I don't listen to podcasts as often as I'd like, but a friend of mine who's a priest knows I'm a language geek and recommended this to me, and it's pretty interesting. it helps me stay "in practice"
        Nice! If you aren't familiar with Luke Ranieri, I think you'd love his work. He has two channels on YouTube: Polymathy and ScorpioMartianus. The former is more general in its scope, but the second pretty much focuses in content exclusively in Latin and ancient Greek.

Spoken Latin, Ancient Greek, and Ancient Egyptian videos by Luke Amadeus Ranieri. 🤠🦂 Topics & tags: Latin Language Lessons for beginners, Latin Language, Classical Latin, Ecclesiastical Latin, Classical Latin Pronunciation, Classical Latin Pronunciation Guide, Classical Latin Texts, Lingua Latina, Lingua Latina series, Lingua Latina audio, Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata, Lingua Latina Comprehensibilis, Spoken Latin Online, Scorpio Martianus ScorpioMartianus https://LukeRanieri.com Videos in Latin L. Amādeus Rāniērius pelliculās ac programmata Latīnē parat studentibus Latīnē loquī et audīre. Luke Amadeus Ranieri makes videos and educational content for people who like to speak and hear Latin. Thank you for your comments! Please like, share, and encourage others to subscribe as well, my little scorpion fans! 🦂 Grātiās summās vōbīs agō, ō meī scorpiunculī! 🦂 😃 🦂

Comment

• Althena
          The Goddess
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

I think you had told me about that! I'll check it out.

Comment

• Sarthis
            • Jan 2024

I watch pretty much everything Frogpants has to offer, but the dynamic between Scott, John, and Beau is super good in CORE (originally started out as a podcast about Heroes of the Storm). If you want to check out Scott Johnson's channel though there's a lot there to love. They even have a DND campaign series they ran called There Will Be Dungeons.

Comment

• VarinXIV
              • Jan 2024

If anyone is a fan of political drama, this one is a must listen. One of Canada's most infamous Mayors...Rob Ford. Was caught doing crack on video, ran one of our largest cities like a crime boss, was a wild time.

In 2010 Rob Ford ran for Mayor in Toronto. To much of the city, his campaign was laughable: full of embarrassing scandals, anti-immigrant sentiment and declarations of war on ‘elites’. But he won.Then came the drinking, the drugs, the police investigations. It was a dark crime drama that most of the world only caught a glimpse of. And even during the worst of it, much of the city loved him.Does that sound familiar? It should. His rise to power revealed how politics and media were changing. And his legacy lives on in governments around the world today.

Comment

Working...