Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Destian
    Valiant
    • Jan 2024

📺 TV Halo Series on Paramount+

I'm not a diehard Halo fan and I've found it decent though definitely iffy in some parts.

How are others feeling about it?
  • Selbaek
    The Hero's Legend
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

I liked the first season! I couldn't understand the naysayers, but I've also always had the ability to separate different forms of the same media franchise from each other. I haven't given myself the time to get into season 2, but it's definitely on the docket and I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

• Destian
      Valiant
      • Jan 2024

I can, to an extent, understand people being upset because they wanted Master Chief to be a stoic, helmeted badass the entire time, but the problem is that then he can't really have much of an arc, meaning he's not the protagonist. They had to give him some type of development or else he'd have nowhere to grow.

I also understand that the first season may have focused a bit much on human drama and not enough on the threat of the Covenant, but that does kinda track with human nature: seeing the immediate threat to their personal bubble before a looming threat on the horizon.

Comment

• Sarthis
        • Jan 2024

I wish they would have done something like what they're talking about doing with Spawn, in that he only shows up in parts here and there, and they could have followed another Spartan, or even ODST (who Halo fans love) that could turn into a Spartan IV later, as the main character, and when shit hits the fan 117 just comes and shuts down whatever nonsense the Covies are pulling.
        That being said, I'm enjoying the show fairly as I already have the Master Chief I wanted, in a story told almost in full. Between the books and the first four or five games, and extended media, I have enjoyed some pretty awesome moments with Arby and Chief. Think I'm going to have to see how they start wrapping up plot points before I make a good judgement on the story of the show tho. Hopefully it pays off and doesn't turn sour. "Glances at 343 with Halo 5 and Infinite"

Comment

Working...