X
Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Grimace
    Valiant
    • Mar 2024

I've still never been to a Trader Joe's. The way people refer to it, it sounds like a mythical place full of magic and happiness. I'll definitely check one out when I have the opportunity.

Comment

• The Grimace
      Valiant
      • Mar 2024

They had a "Buffalo" variety right beside it.

I got the Pizza one. I won't get it again. It was very ehhh.

Comment

• Random Encounter
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

I've seen a pizza-flavored hummus for sale at my local stores. I love pizza, but I find pizza-flavored, non-pizza food is very mid.

Comment

• Kustom
          • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
          I've seen a pizza-flavored hummus for sale at my local stores. I love pizza, but I find pizza-flavored, non-pizza food is very mid.
          I agree.

That being said.. actually working hummus into other foods is pretty good.

It's excellent in mashed potatoes.

Comment

• Random Encounter
            Administrator
            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Kustom

I agree.

That being said.. actually working hummus into other foods is pretty good.

It's excellent in mashed potatoes.
            Huh, I'll have to try that sometime. It also makes a great condiment for sandwiches too!

Comment

• Althena
              The Goddess
              Administrator
              • Jan 2024

I've been in the mood to try to make something new. Any ideas on what I should try? My level of skill is advanced.

Comment

• Skunkworks
                Valiant
                • Feb 2024

As a follow up to my previous ramen post, I ran across a video from Matty Matheson where he uses peanut butter. I've used plenty of peanut butter in noodle dishes (pad thai) in the past to great effect. I'm not sure why I've never considered it in ramen.

Start speaking a new language in 3 weeks with Babbel :tada:. Get up to 60% OFF your subscription ➡️ Here: https://go.babbel.com/t?bsc=mattymathsson-jan2024&b...

Comment

• Kustom
                  • Jan 2024

I used to mix Ramen noodles with Campbells tomato soup. Was oddly good and comforting. Just kind of tastes like SpaghettiOs.

Comment

• Skunkworks
                    Valiant
                    • Feb 2024

Originally posted by Althena
                    I've been in the mood to try to make something new. Any ideas on what I should try? My level of skill is advanced.
                    For me personally, I find the most challenging and least forgiving recipes always have a baking element which I cannot master. A few years ago, I made a half dozen japanese cheese cakes (cloud cake) before I gave up. I've been thinking about trying to make scones, which I expect to be similarly difficult to hit to perfect consistency.

Comment

• Althena
                      The Goddess
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2024

I have a great scone recipe! I'll get it to you.

Comment

• Random Encounter
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2024

This isn't an advanced dish, but if you've never had colcannon then you definitely should. I was just thinking of making some for myself later.

Comment

• The Grimace
                          Valiant
                          • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
                          Agreed 90% of the time, but every so often something sneaks through the cracks for me. Like, Pizza Goldfish are extremely my jam, but the "spice" in those and the Flavor-Blasted varieties are still very subdued for me.

The Pizza-flavored Velveeta is just regular Velveeta with a "flavor packet" of pizza spices reminiscent to the spices of Pizza Goldfish, but it did not mesh well in this capacity. Not recommended.

Comment

• Althena
                            The Goddess
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Skunkworks
                            For me personally, I find the most challenging and least forgiving recipes always have a baking element which I cannot master. A few years ago, I made a half dozen japanese cheese cakes (cloud cake) before I gave up. I've been thinking about trying to make scones, which I expect to be similarly difficult to hit to perfect consistency.
                            I finally have that scone recipe for you Skunkworks these have a very tender and delicate crumb- I think you'll like them! Let me know if you make them how they turn out!

Chocolate Chip Scones

2 cups (8 oz./250 g) sifted all-purpose flour, plus flour for working
                            1 tablespoon baking powder
                            1/2 teaspoon salt
                            1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) sugar, plus 2-3 tablespoons
                            3/4 cup (3 3/4 oz/115 g) semisweet chocolate chips
                            1 1/4 cups (10 fl oz/310 ml) heavy cream
                            3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Position rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425°F (220°C) use a heavy duty baking sheet but do not grease.
                            Sift together the sifted flour, baking flour, salt and sugar. Toss together with a fork , and mix in the chocolate chips. Pour in the cream and mix with fork until the mixture holds together. The dough will be fairly sticky.
                            Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface. and sprinkle lightly with the flour. Knead to dough 10 times, pushing the dough away from you with the heel of your hand, folding it back over itself and giving it a quarter turn each time. Pat into a 9"(23-cm) disk. Brush with the melted better and sprinkle with the 2-3 tablespoons of sugar.
                            Cut the dough into 12 pie-shaped wedges and transfer each to the baking sheet, leaving about a 1" space between the wedges.
                            Bake until the tops are golden brown, 15-17 minutes. Serve warm with butter or jam, or room temperature.

Makes 12 scones

Comment

• The Grimace
                              Valiant
                              • Mar 2024

Today I tried the new Coca-Cola Oreo Zero Sugar drink.

I'm kind of baffled by how good it is. I like Coke, but I'm not a big fan of Oreos. Something about the Aspartame makes this drink work extremely well though.

Comment

• Skunkworks
                                Valiant
                                • Feb 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
                                Today I tried the new Coca-Cola Oreo Zero Sugar drink.

I'm kind of baffled by how good it is. I like Coke, but I'm not a big fan of Oreos. Something about the Aspartame makes this drink work extremely well though.
                                I tried the Coca-Cola Flavored Oreos. They are fine, but I don't think I would eat them again. The flavor also taste like a mock-cinnamon.

Comment

Working...