Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Destian
    Valiant
    • Jan 2024

TIL: Chuck E. Cheese brawls are a common incident

I'm blown away but the fact that this is a thing at all. I can understand brawls at sports arenas and bars, but at your kid's birthday party…?

What's more bizarre is the fact that, oftentimes, two people will start fighting (at the SLIGHTEST provocation, I might add) at which point random bystanders IMMEDIATELY join the melee.

Am I just naive? Is the average person a single slightly rude comment away from immediately throwing a punch, or seizing any opportunity to attack each other?
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

I mean, the parents have to have SOMETHING to do when they take their kids to Chuck E. Cheese, right? Then again, I wouldn't take my kids to one unless they asked specifically to go.

Comment

• Kustom
      • Jan 2024

Ours asked to go. We're taking two of their friends instead of making it a big event.

I'm a little dusty with brawling but what body part do people collect as a trophy nowadays? I heard ears were coming back in.

Comment

• Destian
        Valiant
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Kustom
        Ours asked to go. We're taking two of their friends instead of making it a big event.

I'm a little dusty with brawling but what body part do people collect as a trophy nowadays? I heard ears were coming back in.
        Bring brass knuckles and a swiss army to remove the scalps.

Comment

• Random Encounter
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

Battery cables.

Comment

• The Grimace
            Valiant
            • Mar 2024

I haven't been to a Chuck E. Cheese in atleast 25 years, but I guess some things never change.

Comment

• Destian
              Valiant
              • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
              I haven't been to a Chuck E. Cheese in atleast 25 years, but I guess some things never change.
              See any brawls in your time?

I just can't think of any greater "Death of innocence" moment for a child than one of your parents getting the crap kicked out of them at Chuck E. Cheese while you watch helplessly...

Comment

• Mr Croft
                Valiant
                • Feb 2024

I don't even have any around my area anymore. But tbf my area is fairly bad when it comes to stuff like that.

Comment

• The Grimace
                  Valiant
                  • Mar 2024

Can't say I've seen anything worth noting, but I did hear about a lot of assaults in and out of Chuck E. Cheese in the past. When I first heard about the phenomenon, it stuck with me. Strange and ironic that so many brawls would be linked to a children's pizza arcade.

Comment

• Skunkworks
                    Valiant
                    • Feb 2024

Fun Fact - You can't goto a Chuck E Cheese without a kid just because they have the cheapest pitchers of beer in town - I know from experience.

Comment

• Kustom
                      • Jan 2024

Confirmed the pizza here is still shit.

Comment

• Destian
                        Valiant
                        • Jan 2024

Confirmed the pizza here is still shit.
                        Yeah, I remember it being pretty "meh" as it never needed to be anything but meh: you were there so kids could have the experience...which just happened to sometimes turn into a brawl.

Comment

• The Grimace
                          Valiant
                          • Mar 2024

Last year, Chuck E. Cheese started selling frozen pizzas in grocery stores. I had a couple and they are very average.

I don't think we carry many now. They weren't popular.

Comment

• Kustom
                            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
                            Last year, Chuck E. Cheese started selling frozen pizzas in grocery stores. I had a couple and they are very average.

I don't think we carry many now. They weren't popular.
                            Imagine the mental gymnastics required to make that nostalgia buy.

Comment

• The Grimace
                              Valiant
                              • Mar 2024

If something's cheap enough and I'm hungry enough (and ingredients agree with my vegetarian sensibilities) I'll consider trying it.

I definitely got exactly what I expected from CEC Frozen Pizza. Slightly better than I expected, but it was certainly a Chuck E. Cheese quality pizza in all definitions of the phrase.

Comment

Working...