What's the coolest place you ever lived?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

What's the coolest place you ever lived?

Born and raised in Portland, Maine, and I love my little city. But I adored and still miss the time I lived in the PNW, when I worked for Microsoft. I saw this beauty on my commute every morning. What's the most interesting place you've lived? And if you've never lived anywhere worth mentioning, what's the coolest place you've visited? Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1706196103418.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	204
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

I spent almost a year living and working in Indianapolis. I wouldn't say it's as cool as many places where you guys may have visited or worked, but it was nice to get out of my comfort zone. Plus Selbaek was just down the road from me!

Now, if you want to talk about the coolest places I've visited, that honor would go to Istanbul.

Comment

• Althena
      The Goddess
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

One of the coolest places I've visited was when I went to England, for my best friend's wedding. I visited Wales while I was there, and visited Caernarfon Castle, which was incredible. I want to go back, someday.

Comment

• Althena
        The Goddess
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
        I spent almost a year living and working in Indianapolis. I wouldn't say it's as cool as many places where you guys may have visited or worked, but it was nice to get out of my comfort zone. Plus Selbaek was just down the road from me!

Now, if you want to talk about the coolest places I've visited, that honor would go to Istanbul.
        I think both of those places are pretty cool! Always wanted to visit Istanbul.

Comment

• Random Encounter
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

Indy isn't so bad! Lots of good brewpubs there, plus it's got the Speedway if you're a racing fan. I wouldn't mind going back again someday.

Comment

• Selbaek
            The Hero's Legend
            Administrator
            • Jan 2024

I haven't taken the opportunity to leave the country in my life, but there was this one time I did get to, for my dad's third wedding. They held it on the British Virgin Islands, and that week was pretty amazing. My stepbrother and his wife learned the hard way to not drink water from tap. They didn't have such an amazing experience as a result, haha.

Comment

• Ghaleon
              • Jan 2024

Probably Ashiya, in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan. It's also known as the "Beverly Hills" of Japan, though I think that oversells it a bit - it's much smaller, but apparently lots of well-off people live there. It was just a short train ride from Osaka or Kobe, and my housing cost was subsidized by my government-sponsored teaching job. Oh, how I miss the food and the shopping.

Comment

• VarinXIV
                • Jan 2024

The sleepy town of Thunder Bay, Ontario. Small town Canada with the coolest places to hike! Like such spots as Sleeping Giant National Park:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sleeping_Giant,_Thunder_Bay.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	336
                Maybe in another universe the sleepy earthen giant defends earth at some point...I kind of see it...the head on the left, his arms folded near the middle...my wife and I tried to hike to the top of that middle section. Didn't go well :P

Comment

• Kustom
                  • Jan 2024

Probably where I live now. North Carolina. Nice and outdoorsy.

Prior to this I lived in Florida pretty much my whole life. The bar isn't high.

If visiting counts.. probably Northern Ireland.

Comment

• Selbaek
                    The Hero's Legend
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Kustom
                    Prior to this I lived in Florida pretty much my whole life. The bar isn't high.
                    I grew up in Orlando. I second that sentiment.

Comment

• Ojin
                      • Feb 2024

Hello all. Born and raised in Seattle Washington. Back then we didn't have sub-divisions like we do now where I live in Austin, TX. So; when living in Seattle, we had a small home in an area which stood tall against sky scrapers. Very weird. Very nostalgic. Very me. Always.

Comment

• Althena
                        The Goddess
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Ojin
                        Hello all. Born and raised in Seattle Washington. Back then we didn't have sub-divisions like we do now where I live in Austin, TX. So; when living in Seattle, we had a small home in an area which stood tall against sky scrapers. Very weird. Very nostalgic. Very me. Always.
                        Ah, then you know the view in my OP well! I miss living in that area so much. Also, welcome Ojin! Good to see you!

Comment

Working...