• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Coffee Talk.

This thread is dedicated to , and in tribute of the nectar of the gods, the very lifeblood that flows through our veins. There are a few of you here that I know are as much of a coffee snob as I am, so this is a place for us to post about everything coffee! Our favorite kinds, the ways we like to prepare it, the way we like to take it, everything. I want your coffee secrets!

verklempt saturday night live GIF
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Double post for my first contribution. One thing I love almost as much as coffee is Star Trek. DS9 in particular. So the opportunity to try something that included both those worlds? I had to try it. This was a nice little recipe, strong as all Klingon beverages should be, and the spice added a warm, nuanced depth of flavor. 8/10 Gowrons.
    Raktajino: the favourite drink of the swing shift and Starfleet captains alike. While a Klingon drink, it seems to be almost more popular with many other races than with the Klingons on Deep Space...

Comment

• Random Encounter
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

I adore my moka pot. I found it about a year ago in an antique shop, brought it home and cleaned it up. If you don't want to splurge on an expensive espresso machine, it's a pretty good way to make a latte at home. I also make use of a French press occasionally, especially for cold brew.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240129_124005.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	396

Comment

• VarinXIV
        • Jan 2024

I've recently found a strong love for nitro cold brews. Local friends, taste like chocolate and you're wired!

Variety is the spice of life. Grab a pack and try all three of our Nitro Cold Brews! Our premium, all-natural coffee is cold brewed for 18 hours, double filtered, and infused with nitrogen. The result is a sweet, aromatic & bright coffee that lacks the bitterness and acidity of the modern ‘iced coffee’ and goes dow

Comment

• Kustom
          • Jan 2024

Dunkin Breakfast Blend sometimes on the way to work. Cream and a pump of caramel.

Black And White Coffee GIF
          At home it's whatever I got last time I went to Costco. I think it's their brand of medium roast. It's not too bad but I'll get something else next time.

I've got a small Keurig thing to brew in but I have a reusable filter for it.

Comment

• Kustom
            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by VarinXIV
            I've recently found a strong love for nitro cold brews. Local friends, taste like chocolate and you're wired!

https://sheepdogbrewco.com/collectio...w-variety-pack
            This sounds really good.

Comment

• Random Encounter
              Administrator
              • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Kustom
              I've got a small Keurig thing to brew in but I have a reusable filter for it.
              This is the way if you gotta go with a Keurig. Sometimes though the refillable cups don't fit right in some machines though.

Best thing I ever did to improve my coffee experience is buying a grinder. Even a shitty blade grinder will help you enjoy better coffee.

Comment

• Kustom
                • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter

This is the way if you gotta go with a Keurig. Sometimes though the refillable cups don't fit right in some machines though.

Best thing I ever did to improve my coffee experience is buying a grinder. Even a shitty blade grinder will help you enjoy better coffee.
                For real. I’ve got one where you replace the kcup holder in the machine. It’s pretty cool.

Wife bought me a cheap grinder a while back and I tried grinding whole beans but couldn’t seem to get it right. Brew came out either watery or the filter would get stopped up. I need to go back to trying that out, with a different grinder of course.

Comment

• Random Encounter
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2024

It's a god damned shame no one has posted this here yet.

Comment

• Althena
                    The Goddess
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2024

I see your silly incest video, and raise you a proto-muppets early Jim Henson creation.

Comment

• The Grimace
                      Valiant
                      • Mar 2024

Have an appropriately named video game about making coffee. It's not quite as good as VA-11 Hall-A, but it's fun and chill. I own the sequel and need to play through it some time too.

Coffee Talk is a coffee brewing and heart-to-heart talking simulator about listening to fantasy-inspired modern peoples’ problems, and helping them by serving up a warm drink or two.

Comment

• Destian
                        Valiant
                        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Althena
                        I see your silly incest video, and raise you a proto-muppets early Jim Henson creation.

You have to respect an ad campaign that's like, "Don't like or haven't tried our product? Die or get maimed again and again via puppet effigy!"

Comment

• Wandervox
                          Valiant
                          • Feb 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
                          I adore my moka pot. I found it about a year ago in an antique shop, brought it home and cleaned it up. If you don't want to splurge on an expensive espresso machine, it's a pretty good way to make a latte at home. I also make use of a French press occasionally, especially for cold brew.
                          Boy howdy, I miss having a moka pot. Can't be beat, when making a proper Cuban cafecito. Ridiculously strong espresso with heroic amounts of sugar. Death by caffeine. Not something I get too often these days, but worth its weight in gold every time. Give it a go, and it'll change your life. <3
                          • 1 and 1/4 cups water
                          • 1/3 cup espresso (I go with Cafe Bustelo -- pretty much the legacy)
                          • 1/3 cup sugar
                          • Muddle the sugar and just enough espresso until it becomes pasty mixture. Stop mixing, then slowly add the rest of the espresso until it partially dissolves.

You know you've done it just right if a thin layer of sugary foam floats atop it. Best served tongue-cooking hot, in very tiny cups. Much more than that, and your body won't be sure whether to give you instant diabetes or give you a heart attack from the caffeine.

Comment

• Random Encounter
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2024

I haven't used my moka pot as much since I picked up an actual espresso machine about a month ago. But I love me some Cuban coffee! I haven't tried this kind before, but I'll make a cup and let you know how it goes.

It reminds me a little of more sensible Vietnamese coffee, which is just coffee mixed into ridiculous amounts of condensed milk. My pancreas throbs just thinking about it. 💀

Comment

• Althena
                              The Goddess
                              Administrator
                              • Jan 2024

There's a coffee shop in Portland nearish to where I live, run by a Vietnamese gentleman who makes the best Vietnamese coffee. I don't usually like things that are too sweet, but the way he makes it is juuuuuust right.
                              Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Comment

Working...