Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Cooking & Recipes

Anyone else here like to cook? I like to fuck around and find out in the kitchen, and the last few months I have been trying to improve my baking game. I've had some mixed luck getting my sourdough starter to produce a consistently good loaf of bread, but it does make the best pancakes I've ever had. I'll start with the recipe I use, courtesy of King Arthur.

Last edited by Random Encounter; 02-10-2024, 09:29 AM.
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

I had to think hard about what my first recipe I should post here would be I think what I selected is appropriate. This is my mom's special recipe for sour cream coffee cake! When she was sick, she couldn't sleep, so Dad and I would wake up to find she had been up all night baking cakes for the people that were helping us. If that isn't a Cindra thing, I don't know what is. 💗
    Anyway, this cake is delicious and moist, and I'd love for you to try it and let me know what you think!

Cindy's Sour Cream Coffee Cake
    • 1 cup butter
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 2 cups flour
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 cup sour cream
    • 1 tsp. vanilla
    • 1 tsp. baking powder
    • 1 tsp. baking soda
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    Topping:
    • 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 sugar 1&1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup crushed walnuts
    Preheat over to 350º Grease 9"x13" pan. Cream the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the sour cream, flour, and baking powder. Add the soda and salt. Mix well, add half of the batter to pan. Spread 2/3 of prepared topping over the batter. Add the rest of the batter over that topping, and sprinkle the remaining topping over that. Bake for 35 minutes.
    Last edited by Althena; 01-30-2024, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Althena
      The Goddess
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

A few of my recipes I am famous for and I won't give out, like my apple pie and my Sunday red sauce, but I have a few more I will probably share

Comment

• Althena
        The Goddess
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Another recipe I've made many times, and love. In fact, it's what I'm making for dinner tonight!

The recipe for this classic barley soup comes from Oberwesel, Germany. Garnished with sausage, it's substantial enough to make a meal in itself.

Comment

Working...