• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

The Old Guard

Anyone here from the old Valiant Gamers or Game Sekai? What do you miss and/or want us to bring back?
    Last edited by Althena; 01-24-2024, 08:20 AM.
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

I joined GameSekai back in 2003 as SouthernBeatnik. I was trying to hunt down the arranged album for Royal Blood/Gemfire, and GameSekai was the only place that seemed to have it. I found the people there interesting and just ended up staying for the long haul! I'm definitely down to talk game music with people here and see where we can take this format.

Comment

• Althena
      The Goddess
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

Oh yeah, I think I remember you! Wow.

Comment

• Ghaleon
        • Jan 2024

Founding member of GameSekai here. Bring back Hamm, he was the best of us!

Also, I'm sorry for the evil I helped unleash upon the world. Truly.

Comment

• Althena
          The Goddess
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

I messaged him about about it, hopefully he comes back. The doors are always open to him!

Comment

• Hamm
            • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Ghaleon
            Founding member of GameSekai here. Bring back Hamm, he was the best of us!

Also, I'm sorry for the evil I helped unleash upon the world. Truly.
            Fine Fine, here I am, in the weakened, older flesh that I now possess.

Comment

• Althena
              The Goddess
              Administrator
              • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Hamm

But still that same avatar that we all know and love!!! Welcome to the new VG!

Comment

• Hamm
                • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Althena

But still that same avatar that we all know and love!!! Welcome to the new VG!
                I had to recreate it. My old data drive died around 6 years ago, and my backup was also dead. I lost basically all my built up data from the past 20 years, including all my VGM.

Just realized all the old GameSekai logos were on that dead hard drive too. Likely those are lost to time now.
                Last edited by Hamm; 03-04-2024, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Althena
                  The Goddess
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2024

I had to recreate it. My old data drive died around 6 years ago, and my backup was also dead. I lost basically all my built up data from the past 20 years, including all my VGM.
                  You've joined the right forum!

Just realized all the old GameSekai logos were on that dead hard drive too. Likely those are lost to time now.
                  That's sad, we'd wondered about the old GameSekai logos and what happened to them.

Comment

• Selbaek
                    The Hero's Legend
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2024

Makes it easier to chew!

I was "The Hero's Legend" or "Jinketsu" back in the day.

Comment

• NinjaMasterGara
                      Valiant
                      • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Althena

You've joined the right forum!

That's sad, we'd wondered about the old GameSekai logos and what happened to them.
                      I will dig around in my old backups a little. I might have some of the old GameSekai stuff still. Not sure though.

Comment

• The Grimace
                        Valiant
                        • Mar 2024

I'm nostalgic to see Hamm still using Melchior's visage. It's heartwarming.

As I said in the introduction thread, I was a member of Valiant Gamers and Game Sekai. I unfortunately don't remember what my name was at the time. I don't have any specific requests for what should be added to the site now, though. I'm along for the ride.

Comment

• Althena
                          The Goddess
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
                          I'm nostalgic to see Hamm still using Melchior's visage. It's heartwarming.

As I said in the introduction thread, I was a member of Valiant Gamers and Game Sekai. I unfortunately don't remember what my name was at the time. I don't have any specific requests for what should be added to the site now, though. I'm along for the ride.
                          And I cannot tell you how beside myself with excitement I am that you're here. Barring a few people, everyone that I wanted to come along for this ride is here, and this goddess is humbled.

Comment

• The Grimace
                            Valiant
                            • Mar 2024

Thank you! And, I have thought of something, if a long term goal: lots of emotes. I appreciate having a wide array of fun emoticons to emphasize intent. That will be something I'll think about how to help with, going forward.

Comment

• Althena
                              The Goddess
                              Administrator
                              • Jan 2024

Good news, that is something Random Encounter is working on, though I don't know the current status. I'm sure he'd appreciate help! And "Please look forward to it".

Comment

Working...