• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

My Favorite Store

Another nostalgic post. One of my fondest memories as a teen was going down to visit my best friend at her college dorm, and we'd make a day trip and take the T into Boston, like grown up ladies! We had our usual stops, an arcade by Fenway Park, lunch at a little Thai place that's still there to this day, but one of my favorites was a place in Harvard Square, in Cambridge Massachusetts. It was on the third floor of a tiny downtown "mall" called the Garage, and the store was called "The Tokyo Kid"

It was my first anime store. There was nothing like it in Portland, not even close, so it was the rarest of treats. It's where I picked up my authentic physical VG soundtracks when I didn't order them online.

NooNaN and NinjaMasterGara I bet you remember this place!

Edited to add: The while reason I made this post was to ask if anyone else had great memories of awesome stores like this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	12778_i51CsKYXbAb--q6h_tzrqRsxs2O0BObtmY10rZPCQcc.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.6 KB ID:	670
    Tokyo Kid, a Harvard Square store specializing in Japanese anime and manga, will shut down at the end of September, the latest in a string of specialty bookstores in Cambridge to close.
    Last edited by Althena; 02-22-2024, 04:16 PM.
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Now that I think about it, Mr Croft may remember this place too!

Comment

Working...