Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Croft
    Valiant
    • Feb 2024

Upgrading GPUs

So I recently built my first computer and I currently have a 4070 ti super. It seems to be holding up well with everything I play so far. But looking down the line it seems enjoying everything on ultra+ will be already coming to an end. (Blackmyth wukong specs say 4080 super). So I guess my question is how long do you all wait to upgrade a GPU? Is scalping still a major issue in this market? If the percentage of power even worth the inflated price tag I will pay?
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

I rocked a GTX 970 for the longest time, only recently upgrading to a second hand 1080 my brother had laying around. It's good enough to play XIV, my retro shit, and it even handles some AI workloads. Honestly, if I picked up a machine with a 4000 line RTX or equivalent, I'd pretty much use it until it falls apart.

Comment

• Kustom
      • Jan 2024

I usually don't upgrade until something breaks or is a huge setback. Fortunately my 1660ti is a fucking tank and plays FF14 on all high settings.

It runs great with the Ryzen 5 5600X I ended up pairing it with.

I'm sure though i would have some trouble if I branched out into more next gen titles.

If the 1660 breaks I'll most likely build new to take advantage of some of the newer chipsets, and I'll definitely consider something RTX at that point.

Comment

Working...