Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

ROMHacking.net goes news-only, site contents to be put on Internet Archive

This is a really sad day in what has been a rough year for emulation. RHDN has been an invaluable resource over the years, and I hope another site can step up to be a repository for translations and ROM hacks in the future.
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Sounds like there was some awful drama. I loathe when well-intentioned people are exploited.

Comment

• Selbaek
      The Hero's Legend
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

It's a real shame, but at least there will be a way to save all the content that people contributed to the site.

It looks like https://romhacks.org/ (RHDO) has popped up fairly recently and might supersede RHDN.
      There is a forum post on that site from the creator ensuring everyone that his intention wasn't to gobble up RHDN's content, and there's a reply from a fellow mod further in the comments where he links to a video that seems to explore a different side of the story that he seems to imply summarizes the course of events well enough.
      Last edited by Selbaek; 08-07-2024, 10:52 AM. Reason: Mistook a mod for the creator in the comments of the post I linked.

Comment

• The Grimace
        Valiant
        • Mar 2024

I blame Nintendo. All console manufacturers are responsible for this, but Nintendo is the most intense on litigating anything involving games on their old hardware, especially first-party games. Games preservation needs to be more respected, but as long as manufacturers can still figure out how to penny pinch for a small amount of 10+ year old games, we're all going to suffer.

Comment

Working...