Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skunkworks
    Valiant
    • Feb 2024

Is it time for a new Civ game already?

Steam pelted me with the preorder page for Civ7, and I haven’t even sat down to play my deep discount copy of Civ 6. I thought I would drop some info and see what others opinion is.

trailer - https://youtu.be/CjIx5qD2CYk?si=BlQvAKFJ-ELIn2XS

overview of changes - https://www.pcgamer.com/games/strate...new-features/#

In the trailer, you can clearly see a hurricane. At first I thought they were adding weather, but I think it’s actually one of the crisis events.
  • Kustom
    • Jan 2024

I know people that still go pretty hard on Civ5, but it has been 8 years since Civ6 was released so maybe it’s time?

I haven’t really played a Civ game in many years, but I’ve thought getting back into them a little. Maybe this will be the one. 😂

Random but one of my first home pc gaming experiences was actually the first civilization on windows 3.1. That shit felt cutting edge at the time.

Comment

• Random Encounter
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

I struggled to get into Civ 6 because I like to get games once they're complete. But they've pretty much had DLC coming out extensively throughout its life cycle. I don't expect that will change for Civ VII.

It's definitely time for a new one, and maybe I'll get this one sooner so I can actually get acquainted with it.

Comment

• Kustom
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
        I struggled to get into Civ 6 because I like to get games once they're complete. But they've pretty much had DLC coming out extensively throughout its life cycle. I don't expect that will change for Civ VII.

It's definitely time for a new one, and maybe I'll get this one sooner so I can actually get acquainted with it.
        I must not be the only one that gets somewhat deterred when I go to check out a game that hasn't been out too long, and there's like 10 DLC packages available for it already...

I'm just like.. yeah forget it..

Comment

• Selbaek
          The Hero's Legend
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Kustom

I must not be the only one that gets somewhat deterred when I go to check out a game that hasn't been out too long, and there's like 10 DLC packages available for it already...

I'm just like.. yeah forget it..
          There are definitely too many games out there to the point that I feel the same way. If I wasn't on the bandwagon to begin with, I'm going to feel overwhelmed with all that extra content I'll feel compelled to get immediately.

Comment

Working...