Collapse
X
Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kustom
    • Jan 2024

Thanks for doing this. Definitely keeping an eye on this.

Comment

• Selbaek
      The Hero's Legend
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Kustom
      Thanks for doing this. Definitely keeping an eye on this.
      You're welcome! I'm glad others are following and enjoying the speculation. Reminder to everyone that nothing is confirmed true no matter how well it sounds until we see some official confirmation from Nintendo themselves. Hype responsibly!

Yesterday, Rogersbase uploaded a YouTube Short unboxing video which has everyone believing he's on a flight for a secretive Nintendo event. This has extended to a report that several developers, influencers, and press have all been invited out by Nintendo in some way. People have been able to get that it's a preview event for Mario & Luigi: Brothership, however people also pointed out that Rogersbase was also invited out to play Yoshi's Crafted World for Wii U once upon a time, but instead was surprised with a chance to play the Nintendo Switch before its release (as well as several other influencers).

Some credible people that used to focus on leaks but nowadays just report on things they find credible enough to talk about pointed out that they have been hearing about all sorts of developers having had been invited out to Nintendo of America. It's all in the September 17th section of the rumors/speculation post!

In addition, just this morning there have been several leaked images of what people believe to be a prototype model of the new console by yet another Chinese warehouse worker. A lot of what's shown lines up with earlier reports of the new console's features.
      Last edited by Selbaek; 09-18-2024, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• The Grimace
        Valiant
        • Mar 2024

Sadly, I am not excited for a new Switch. Maybe I will be more interested once I see some of the games?

Nintendo consoles are great for first-party titles, but I have not been a major Nintendo gamer for many years for one reason: Achievements.

To each their own, but Achievements give me a major reason to continue playing and replaying games. I do not care one whit about gamerscore or internet credit, but I like to track my own personal journey through games by being able to earn Cheevos and Trophies. Given the choice of playing a game on a Nintendo console or on any other platform, I will always choose the other platform.

The Steamdeck makes this an even easier choice and I am continually baffled at the value of Valve's handheld. Additionally, it's illegal, but through word of mouth I am very aware that I can play any first party Nintendo title through emulation on the Steamdeck without missing a beat.

I think I'm just really jaded against Nintendo nowadays and I need them to do something to change my mind. Since Satoru Iwata passed, the company has not entertained me and I don't know if that's just a "me" thing.

Comment

• Kustom
          • Jan 2024

FOUND THE ACHEIVEMENT GUY! Jk. Yeah, achievements for Nintendo Online or whatever would be awesome.

Comment

• The Grimace
            Valiant
            • Mar 2024

it's me I'm the guy ruining all of the games

now you all have a face to go with the action!!

Comment

• Selbaek
              The Hero's Legend
              Administrator
              • Jan 2024

The hype train is back on board with a new rumor that seems to have been given some credibility due to an official Nintendo tweet. Check out the October 18 portion of the rumors post!

Comment

Working...