Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Grimace
    Valiant
    • Mar 2024

Game Bundle Websites

Anyone have any good experiences with officially licensed Game Bundle Stores you'd like to share?

I regularly check fanatical.com for good deals. Just got Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 and two other games for a total of $10, and I've gotten many other great games from them over the past ten years.

Previously I've used indiegala.com but I haven't seen a decent deal on there in over five years.

Also, it may not necessarily be a "bundle site," but itch.io had been very good to me over the years as an outlet to find good indie games. I haven't used them much in the past year though.

(As an aside, steer clear of G2A. They are not one of the "legitimate" sites.)
  • Skunkworks
    Valiant
    • Feb 2024

I use humble bundle often. I have never heard anything untoward about them. I also saw the fanatical bundle. I was concerned that the default currency was rubles. I don't really know anything about the site or it's ethics, but I really don't want to support any site that actively harms game developers.

Comment

• Random Encounter
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

I can also vouch for Humble Bundle, though I find the amount I get from them over the years has declined over time. I've got such a backlog of unplayed games that I try to focus more on things I know I will be interested in.

Comment

• Selbaek
        The Hero's Legend
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
        I can also vouch for Humble Bundle, though I find the amount I get from them over the years has declined over time. I've got such a backlog of unplayed games that I try to focus more on things I know I will be interested in.
        I saw this being an issue probably my fourth or fifth month into getting the humble bundles, way way back when they only did one bundle a month. I stopped myself from getting them because I didn't really like the idea of just padding out my library, making it harder to scroll and navigate to the titles I wanted to play (and likely forgetting I even owned a lot of those titles).

Comment

• Random Encounter
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

They recently ran a book bundle for Terry Brooks' Shannara series. A dollar would get you the original trilogy, so what would it hurt? I have to say though that if any of their future book bundles use Kobo as the distributor, I'll pass. It was a pain in the ass to get those books redeemed.

Comment

• Wandervox
            Valiant
            • Feb 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
            I can also vouch for Humble Bundle, though I find the amount I get from them over the years has declined over time.
            This, although the "amount I get from them" sometimes feels like an issue with HB themselves. Their prices are going up, and what you get for your dollar is less quantity and less quality. Still... yeah. Dat backlog doe. XD
            Still, I really like some of the book bundles as well. Good way to support authors and publishers for stuff that's generally really helpful and/or entertaining.

Fanatical's another good one I'll vouch for as well. I was a tentative fan of them when they were Bundle Stars, but they've definitely become one of the Good Guys, and their prices are pretty decent and are generally on par with other options, if not better. Often cheaper than Steam by a longshot.

Comment

Working...