X
Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Grimace
    Valiant
    • Mar 2024

Oh man, Bleem!, that's a blast from the past... I bought it specifically to try ripping sprites from Final Fantasy Tactics, back in the day. And my God, did it run terribly on my 2000 era PC. I couldn't even properly get past the first tutorial fight in the game.

Around ~3 years ago, I bought a Retroid Pocket 2+. For a long time, it essentially became my 'Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions' machine. Its screen is 4:3 instead of 16:9, so I don't use it as much nowadays. I was hoping to upgrade to one of the later clam-shell designed variations of the handheld because A: these types of handhelds are generally easier on my neck, and B: it had a 16:9 aspect ratio. I still haven't gotten one and probably won't at this rate just because other things are more important, but it's something I'll look into over time.

The absolute power these kinds of handhelds have is still astonishing to me though. They're fully capable of Steamlink, and if it weren't for the small screen size of my Pocket 2+, I'd probably take advantage of that feature more.

Comment

• Random Encounter
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

So now that Apple is allowing emulators in the App Store, has anyone had a chance to try any? I'm hearing good things about Delta.

Comment

• Althena
        The Goddess
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
        So now that Apple is allowing emulators in the App Store, has anyone had a chance to try any? I'm hearing good things about Delta.
        Kustom is this what you're talking about?

Comment

• Kustom
          • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Althena

Kustom is this what you're talking about?
          Yep! Snagged it when some people on reddit recommended it.

Pretty fucking smooth so far.. I've got a handful of games from Gameboy, DS, GBA and SNES loaded on it.

Plenty of customization.

Only downside I've really noticed is some of the menu buttons tend to sit on top of game text but small world problems.

Comment

Working...