• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Point-and-click Adventures!

I have always had a huge soft spot for these games. Some of my fondest memories as a gamer include hanging out at NinjaMasterGara's house (btw HI) and playing games from the Zork series. I also had always loved the Gabriel Knight series, I love it and games like it. How about you folks? Any fond memories of infuriating moon logic?
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

We've played through two Gabriel Knight games, and I loved them both. I tried to play The Secret of Monkey Island back in the day on Sega CD, but I didn't get far. Might be a better experience playing it on PC next time.

Comment

• Althena
      The Goddess
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
      We've played through two Gabriel Knight games, and I loved them both.
      We didn't get to the third one? Failure on my part. Oh well, add that to the list.

Comment

• Ghaleon
        • Jan 2024

This was (and still probably is) my main genre of interest for PC games. I grew up on beloved Lucasarts classics like the Monkey Island series, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Full Throttle, and The Dig.

Comment

• Selbaek
          The Hero's Legend
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Ghaleon
          This was (and still probably is) my main genre of interest for PC games. I grew up on beloved Lucasarts classics like the Monkey Island series, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Full Throttle, and The Dig.
          Dude, Sam & Max Hit the Road was amazing. I didn't get into too many point-and-click games, but I really jived with that one.

Comment

• Dakotah
            The Furry
            Valiant
            • Jan 2024

aw i never see anyone mention it but my first and fave point and click was The Legend of Kyrandia 2: The Hand of Fate

def one of my fave genres of games and prob the one i gravitate to the most. the sam and max games are great. anything by lucasarts of course, kathy rain was really good. the nancy drew games are great. anything by humongous entertainment. Read Only Memories. think there was one i played called Witches Prison? Nightmare Realm. god theres so many, ill have to go searchin for all the ones ive played over the years

Comment

• NinjaMasterGara
              Valiant
              • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Althena
              I have always had a huge soft spot for these games. Some of my fondest memories as a gamer include hanging out at NinjaMasterGara's house (btw HI) and playing games from the Zork series. I also had always loved the Gabriel Knight series, I love it and games like it. How about you folks? Any fond memories of infuriating moon logic?
              I have some not so fond memories of the consequences from running up a phone bill on the Return to Zork tip line =P I still bust out the Zork games of Gog once in a while when I am feeling nostalgic.

I always really loved the goofy tongue in cheek ones like Space Quest.

Comment

• Althena
                The Goddess
                Administrator
                • Jan 2024

Here's to us!

Comment

• NinjaMasterGara
                  Valiant
                  • Jan 2024

Who's like us?

Comment

• Althena
                    The Goddess
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2024

Damn few!

Comment

• Skunkworks
                      Valiant
                      • Feb 2024

The first and only Point&Click that I've completed was Leisure Suit Larry. A few memories stand out about the experience. First, I had to hide that I was playing an adult title from my parents. This was easily accomplished by limiting my play from 9 PM to 3 AM. Second, the game was age protected by an insanely simple set of questions - My favorite was "Did you pirate this game?" Third - I was only able to beat the game because of a save/reload trick during a portion where you could gamble (effectively giving me infinite money).

I feel bad that I don't retain more about the story or characters.

Comment

• Althena
                        The Goddess
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2024

The LSL games were fun, though I discovered them later in life.

Comment

• NinjaMasterGara
                          Valiant
                          • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Althena
                          Damn few!
                          And they're aaaaaalllllll dead....

Comment

• Althena
                            The Goddess
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by NinjaMasterGara

And they're aaaaaalllllll dead....
                            Happy Well Done GIF by Laff

Comment

• Destian
                              Valiant
                              • Jan 2024

Originally posted by BoomerTiger
                              aw i never see anyone mention it but my first and fave point and click was The Legend of Kyrandia 2: The Hand of Fate
                              That takes me back...

I played and loved the first one. The art was so good in those games...

Comment

Working...