• Mr Croft
    Valiant
    • Feb 2024

Halo in UE5

• Selbaek
    The Hero's Legend
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Here's an official article to go with the video!

Personally, I really like that this is happening. Going to an engine that so widely used means they can focus more on creating game content than worrying about their own proprietary engine at the same time. This also allows the ease of bringing in new talent to work on games, hopefully meaning they can get through development much faster than they have been ever since Bungie broke off and they started 343 Industries. Rebranding the studio as they turn this new chapter makes sense as well.

This announcement came at the end of the Halo World Championship, which tells me that they have been doing this for quite some time and wanted to wait to announce this in case it may have deterred some of the finalists of said Championship - or more likely because it was probably the best time to ride on the hype with probably the best venue for it. If I had to guess, I bet they had been playing around and decided to make more of an actual effort towards this shift back in Sept. 2022 when they officially cancelled the plans to get split-screen co-op working for Halo Infinite.

Oh, rumor has it that one of those projects with UE5 is a complete remake of Halo 1. I'm all for it. If it's as good as the original, I'd be all for them taking the time to remake all of the old Halo games in a modern engine. If true, I wonder if they would get the original voice actors to come and revoice their lines as a chance to expand and bring more to the original, or if they'd just do a 1:1 remake with the original voice lines to keep the fans satiated.

Comment

Working...