Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Doom

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doom Logo.png
Views:	5875
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	434

This thread is for Doom, both old and new. I've been playing Doom in some form or incarnation since I was an adolescent, and it's easily among my favorite game series. Just throwing this out there, I would love to get together a classic Doom deathmatch with some of y'all one weekend.

To start off, I'll contribute a video featuring Rebecca Heineman. She developed the 3DO port of Doom, one of the more infamous ports of the original. Her story behind the port really is interesting.

• Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

A Doom deathmatch sounds like fun! Anyone else interested?

Comment

• VarinXIV
      • Jan 2024

I found myself down a youtube rabbit hole one evening and got caught up in the DOOM lore. I couldn't believe how deep it goes. Doom Guy really has been to hell and back again lol!

Comment

• Random Encounter
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by VarinXIV
        I found myself down a youtube rabbit hole one evening and got caught up in the DOOM lore. I couldn't believe how deep it goes. Doom Guy really has been to hell and back again lol!

The fact that by Doom (2016) it's been established that the demons are canonically afraid of Doomguy... so metal.

Comment

• Random Encounter
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

Another triumph of porting Doom to other platforms: this time, it's on a sex toy.

Comment

• Skunkworks
            Valiant
            • Feb 2024

Off topic, but I saw Rebecca Heineman at North Texas RPG con 2 years ago. She was seated at a table with Jennell Jaquays trying to round up people to play heroquest .

Comment

• The Grimace
              Valiant
              • Mar 2024

Just Grimace thoughts: why hasn't anyone ever made a really silly Doom mod and named it "Dumb?"

Maybe Cruelty Squad is close enough. If not a Doom-like, it certainly has the spirit and funfactor.

Comment

• Mr Croft
                Valiant
                • Feb 2024

I have played alot of the older dooms but never any of the newer ones. I did grab the latest one of a steam sale. So I'm looking forward to playing it

Comment

• Random Encounter
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2024

In your quest to put Doom on every computer ever, did you ever think that putting Doom on a SPOILERfleshlight was a bridge too far? Not this guy!

SPOILER

Comment

• Althena
                    The Goddess
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2024

Nedm

Comment

• Random Encounter
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2024

Ever wanted to play Doom with a rotary phone? Me neither, but now you can!

Dialrhea is a rotary phone that has been repurposed to control the classic first-person shooter game Doom via Bluetooth. We built it in two days during the "Internet Of Shit" hackathon organized by Technarium crew in Vilnius, Lithuania.

Comment

• Althena
                        The Goddess
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter

Ever wanted to play Doom with a rotary phone? Me neither, but now you can!

https://tamulaitis.lt/project/dialrhea/
                        I know rotary phones are your favorite.

Comment

Working...