Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NooNaN
    Valiant
    • Jan 2024

Vagrant Story

My sealed copy of Vagrant Story in the spirit of the upcoming stream. A great game that holds up today. I kept a lot of PS1 games sealed from back in the day. Not sure why, but I was on the forefront of PS1 modchips when they first released. I was I think a freshman in college.

I was moving a stack of sealed PS1 games through my basement in a prior house and dropped a couple off the top. VS was one of them. The case cracked slightly, there's a loose disc, and pretty sure a loose piece of plastic inside. This was a high grade otherwise. Oh well, can't go back in time.
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

I really regret not playing this sooner, but I am so hyped to finally get to try it. From what I've seen, the games visuals have aged surprisingly well for a PS1 game.

Comment

• Random Encounter
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

Two streams into my playthrough, some impressions:
      • Atmosphere is off the charts; digging the music too
      • Really struggled on my first stream, but the chain system has clicked now and led to a much more satisfying night tonight
      • The armor upgrade system is pretty convoluted
      • Shame that they gave us a solid hotkey system without the ability to use it to swap weapons
      I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it through.

Comment

• NooNaN
        Valiant
        • Jan 2024

It's a different system for sure and somewhat dated. The graphical and overall style is great, though. I haven't played it in years, but it was one I sunk a lot of time into many years ago.

Comment

Working...