X
Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Grimace
    Valiant
    • Mar 2024

Replaying Cave Story+ right now! Classic.

Dawntrail tomorrow. Hype.

Comment

• Selbaek
      The Hero's Legend
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
      There are a lot of really cool costumes they have been developed for the game as gacha prizes. I hope Square-Enix considers adding these costumes to the final chapter of Final Fantasy VII Remake, because there are a tremendous amount of people who shy away from mobile games. The designs are so nice it would be a shame to have them only be available in Ever Crisis if they could reasonably upscale the textures and cloth effects to work with the console and PC releases.
      Interestingly enough, Rebirth had a few costumes for each character you could get and unlock the ability to use them during gameplay. Even more interesting is that none of the costumes matched any of the costumes shown in Ever Crisis so far. I thought that was interesting. But hey - maybe there will be some EC costumes in the final part of VII Re!

Comment

• The Grimace
        Valiant
        • Mar 2024

I noticed that too! I don't think I'll ever take off Cloud's Shinra Peacekeeper gear in Rebirth in NG+. It's way more appealing to me than the badic SOLDIER armor, with the added accessories.

Comment

• Althena
          The Goddess
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

Right now, I'm really enjoying Dawntrail for the most part.

Comment

• Selbaek
            The Hero's Legend
            Administrator
            • Jan 2024

I recently wrapped up Dawntrail! I'm probably not focusing on another video game while I focus on the game of the month, but I may sprinkle in some more Tunic here and there.

Comment

• Skunkworks
              Valiant
              • Feb 2024

I've been playing through Nexus 5X. It's a light space civ. It has a very limited decision space because you only see a subset of your actions each turn (you draw a hand of potential actions called edicts). I'm not very good, but I would like to complete the single player before I move on to another game.

Comment

• Mr Croft
                Valiant
                • Feb 2024

Done with msq of dawntrail and not to sure if I will jump into Savage fights this time around. Also playing alot of The First Decsendant as well.

Comment

• Kustom
                  • Jan 2024

My 6yo daughter has been wanting to try games on the switch so I picked up Yoshi's Crafted World. Came out a few years ago but it's cute and fun. She catches onto things quick as well which is really interesting to see.

Comment

• The Grimace
                    Valiant
                    • Mar 2024

Start your new life! Build the farm of your dreams as you discover a world brimming with possibilities. Magic, romance, and adventure all await you in this nostalgic farming / life sim RPG!

This is going to be my GotY at this rate.

If you've played Stardew Valley, you have played Fields of Mistria. It is the same gameplay loop. Farm, befriend villagers, go into a dungeon, fish, do what have you. I haven't played Stardew Valley since near release, so I don't know how much Eric Barone added for Quality of Life in the game, but Fields of Mistria has lots of things to add to its formula. You can unlock spells to do things like regain all stamina, or to make it rain over your crops. I can go into more things, but I'm sure you want to know, how is this different from Stardew Valley?

Well, if you can see the image of the game's header, the visuals are a big part of it. Each character is drawn in a wonderful early 90's anime style inspired by Sailor Moon. Many characters do follow tropes commonly found in anime, too- Juniper, the owner of the town's bath-house, is an ojou-sama, complete with a special animation and chip-tune "ohoho!" for her laughs. I don't even know if I plan to romance anyone in the game, but I'm having a blast playing it just because the characters are so fun and it's so enjoyable to experience the world of the game.

If you love Stardew Valley or classic anime, this game is absolutely worth checking out, at the very least.

Comment

• Mr Croft
                      Valiant
                      • Feb 2024

Clocked 350 hours into The First descendant and kinda waiting for some season one stuff to drop now. Currently playing black myth wukong and once human

Comment

• The Grimace
                        Valiant
                        • Mar 2024

I'm replaying Dead Rising 2: Off the Record in anticipation for Dead Rising: Deluxe Remaster coming out in two weeks.

I'm also completely thrilled to be playing Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on the Castlevania Dominus Collection. Having this shadow drop has quite literally made my month. I have been waiting for ports of the Castlevania DS games for over years and, aside from some QoL issues with the emulation, I'm absolutely over the moon!

Comment

• Mr Croft
                          Valiant
                          • Feb 2024

Currently playing Space Marine 2 right now. I Put around 200 hours into once human and it was a good time and now waiting for the soft server resets mostly. Purchased stranger of paradise (again) and star ocean: the last hope on steam sale too!

Comment

• Random Encounter
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Mr Croft
                            Currently playing Space Marine 2 right now. I Put around 200 hours into once human and it was a good time and now waiting for the soft server resets mostly. Purchased stranger of paradise (again) and star ocean: the last hope on steam sale too!
                            A buddy of mine is really into Space Marine 2 right now. This may be the game that finally pushes me to do a computer upgrade. Would you recommend it?

Comment

• Mr Croft
                              Valiant
                              • Feb 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter

A buddy of mine is really into Space Marine 2 right now. This may be the game that finally pushes me to do a computer upgrade. Would you recommend it?
                              Only have about 5 hours into the game but I'm getting into it. Only playing with the bots so far but having a good time. If you are a fan of horde slaying then you will enjoy this

Comment

• The Grimace
                                Valiant
                                • Mar 2024

I'm doing little things in Dead Rising: Deluxe Remaster now. I beat it a few days after its release and I absolutely recommend it to fans of the original, and anyone curious about trying the game out for the first time. The story is still great, but the gameplay is far and away better than it ever was in the original.

Comment

Working...