June 2024 GotM Discussion (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

GOTM June 2024 GotM Discussion (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete)

Click image for larger version

Name:	08b94fd98ee63a60c5d191649dcfe29a.png
Views:	8291
Size:	495.1 KB
ID:	1285

Can't wait for tomorrow! Any others who haven't seen or played this game before? If so, what are your expectations going into it?
    Last edited by Random Encounter; 05-29-2024, 05:54 PM.
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Thanks for making this thread, Random Encounter! For that matter, what are your expectations?

Comment

• Selbaek
      The Hero's Legend
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

I expect there to be references to the first game's characters despite being set so far ahead in the future.

Comment

• Random Encounter
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Althena
        Thanks for making this thread, Random Encounter! For that matter, what are your expectations?
        I expect the gameplay is going to be extremely similar to the first. I'm not sure what to expect from the story or music, though, but hopefully it's nothing but good!

Comment

• Althena
          The Goddess
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

How is everyone liking the game? It it living up to everyone's expectations? Does anyone have any questions? I'd love to talk about it when I'm not on stream!

Comment

• Selbaek
            The Hero's Legend
            Administrator
            • Jan 2024

I really like how streamlined they seem to have made combat. The menu system is a big step above the first game's. I am not digging the generic music in a lot of areas. Especially established places from the first game that already have a theme song.

Comment

• Random Encounter
              Administrator
              • Jan 2024

I am enjoying the story and vibe of the game more than I thought I would. I would have really enjoyed this back in the day. That said, Selbaek is right: the music is a step back from the first Lunar
              Last edited by Random Encounter; 06-18-2024, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• The Grimace
                Valiant
                • Mar 2024

I'm highly enjoying this playthrough and I think I'm gaining more of an appreciation for Lunar 2 as we progress. Like Random and Selbaek, I will echo that largely the music is a step down from Lunar 1. On the positive side, when the music hits, the music hits. The characters are wonderful and reliving this game years later is an abdolute treat.

Comment

• Althena
                  The Goddess
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2024

It was such a an immense pleasure bringing this game to all of you this month! I'm sad it's over, but looking forward to discussing it with Random Encounter and Selbaek during the Post-Mortem!

Comment

Working...