Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

GOTM What? GotM is evolving!

As you know, the Game of the Month format is a new thing around here, since the new iteration of the forums, starting with Vagrant Story in February. Random Encounter, Althena and Selbaek have had their choices, and we've done some community picks too, but as we move forward, we want to make sure you're getting what you want from these streams.

The way we were thinking of going forward is that we would play games that we would pick. If we ever ran out of ideas, we would have the running suggestions thread to do an ad hoc poll from. We want to know: Do you find monthly polls with user selected games to be too much work, or do you want to keep doing it the way we've been doing it thus far?
    Team Valiant can pick, but keep our input in the suggestions thread in mind!
    70.00%
    Keep things the way they are! I like voting every month.
    30.00%
    TVG has a stream? I thought this site was just for shitposting. Doesn't matter to me.
    0%

The poll is expired.

• The Grimace
    Valiant
    • Mar 2024

I think that Team VG and each month's Player should get first pick at doing whatever they want, but I think the suggestion threads are a great idea to bring ideas. There are tens of thousands of fantastic games out there from all manners of consoles and computers, and the Suggestion thread is a great way to talk about all of these games and bring them to the forefront. At some point there may even be an example of a game looking so enticing that although the Player hasn't had experience with the title before, they may consider a first-time playthrough for the Stream, which is likely to be a blast.

I also think it'd be really cool to have random situations where it would be worth checking out a random game for a limited amount of time, just on a whim. The acting streamer could test a game for fifteen minutes and then like it so much that it could become the new Game of the Week or Month if the player and chat are interested. I'm just bouncing ideas in my head right now, but I do love the idea of not just sticking to old classic games since there are so many great new titles recently released- in the last two years there have been some real bangers, especially.

Comment

• Skunkworks
      Valiant
      • Feb 2024

I like your proposal. As a semi-regular viewer, I tune-in for the thoughtful commentary and community, not the individual title being played. I would rather streamers share something they are interested in playing than a title I picked.

Comment

• Althena
        The Goddess
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
        I also think it'd be really cool to have random situations where it would be worth checking out a random game for a limited amount of time, just on a whim. The acting streamer could test a game for fifteen minutes and then like it so much that it could become the new Game of the Week or Month if the player and chat are interested. I'm just bouncing ideas in my head right now, but I do love the idea of not just sticking to old classic games since there are so many great new titles recently released- in the last two years there have been some real bangers, especially.
        That's what we do with the "Team Valiant Plays" series. I did the one-off zany April Fools stream, and one stream of Night in the woods, which I need to get back to. But yeah. Same principle.

I also appreciate the fact that it seems everyone here trusts us to bring content that you will like. We will try our best, and keep the feedback and suggestions coming! We want Valiant Gamers to be the best it can be for the community!
        Last edited by Althena; 06-16-2024, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Random Encounter
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

I really appreciate the feedback. We do this for you guys want want to make sure your opinions count.

Comment

• Random Encounter
            Administrator
            • Jan 2024

Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll! Based on the feedback here, going forward we will choose from games suggested in the suggestions thread for our Game of the Month entries. With that said, we want to hear your ideas for future Games of the Month as they come to you. If you think of anything that hasn't been already been suggested, please leave a comment in the GotM suggestions thread!

Comment

Working...