September 2024 GotM Discussion (Shenmue)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

GOTM September 2024 GotM Discussion (Shenmue)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shenmuelogo.webp Views:	0 Size:	128.6 KB ID:	2047

It's no secret that I'm looking forward to seeing Althena play this. Who else is hyped, and does anyone have any memories to share from their time playing the Shenmue games?
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

I am hyped myself! I'd love to see people's memories, or if they're never seen it, what they expect!

Comment

• Selbaek
      The Hero's Legend
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

I got my first taste of Shenmue from last night's stream. I'm kind of digging the whole "chase clues" vibe. All those Nick Jr. shows are finally paying off!

Comment

• Skunkworks
        Valiant
        • Feb 2024

Shenmue has inspired me to explore more 80s kung fu (particularly the Hong Kong variety). Last Night I watched Police Story and Yes, Madam. Police Story is an absolutely fantastic film (like most of Jackie Chan's films) which I'm dying to see the next two in the series. Yes, Madam isn't a perfect movie but there are scenes that make the watch worth it.

What are other films that have a shenmue feel? Have the devs ever said where they drew inspiration for the game?

Comment

• Random Encounter
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

Bloodsport will become quite relevant in Shenmue II as it's a martial arts tournament that takes place in Kowloon.

Comment

• Skunkworks
            Valiant
            • Feb 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
            Bloodsport will become quite relevant in Shenmue II as it's a martial arts tournament that takes place in Kowloon.
            Oh man! I just watched a (mostly) good movie about Kowloon, Twilight of the Warrior: Walled In. It was released this year and is the first film in a trilogy about Kowloon.

If nothing else, check out the trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnNh...themeRefresh=1

Comment

• Althena
              The Goddess
              Administrator
              • Jan 2024

Kowloon absolutely fascinates me and when I found out Shenmue II takes you there I was thrilled.

Comment

Working...