• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Selbaek
    The Hero's Legend
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

PlayStation State of Play - May 2024

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	80.6 KB ID:	1372

PlayStation State of Play
    Watch the Show | View the official blog | 14 games shown

PlayStation's State of Play kicked off the entire season of events on May 30th, 2024. After dulling the world with their official announcement that there would be no big AAA title for 2024, people came into this show with low expectations, and for the most part got what they were expecting. There were a few titles people could look forward to, but on the same coin there were questions of why some titles, Concord specifically, were even greenlit.

Astro Bot View the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: 2024-09-06
    For the first time, Astro Bot is getting a full-fledged game that isn't just a tech demo of niche features and attachments for PlayStation hardware. This is apparently something that a lot of people have been asking for, and the team behind it certainly seems like they're prone to deliver something pretty great.

Concord View the cinematic trailer | View the gameplay trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: Pre-order starting 2024-06-06
    A 5v5 squad-based shooter, not unsimilar to other popular games of the genre like Overwatch or Valorant. The characters seem to have a heavily Guardians of the Galaxy-style demeanor, and the general reception of this seems to be that it feels fairly uninspired and doesn't seem to bring anything to the table.

God of War: Ragnarök (PC Edition) View the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: 2024-09-19
    Nothing new about this game. It released on PlayStation back in late 2022, but now it's coming to PC!

Until Dawn Watch the trailer | Release: Fall 2024
    A remake of the seminal classic horror game from 2015, aimed to better immerse players with its enhancements.

Skydance's Behemoth Watch the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: Fall 2024
    PSVR2 hasn't seen much love this year, but this title seems like a pretty decent reason to dust the headset off if you have one. This one is developed by the same guys behind the "The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners" series, which in my opinion were pretty good.

Path of Exile 2 Watch the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: Early Access Late 2024
    The sequel to one of the better received modern Diablo-style action games is coming. Touting couch co-op (at least for the console versions), cross-platform play, and cross-platform progression, it's aimed to be one of the more accessible multiplayer games from a PlayStation perspective.

Monster Hunter Wilds Watch the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: 2025
    PlayStation got the jump on debuting the trailer and some gameplay for Monster Hunter Wilds. Set to be the series' first truly open-world entry, many fans are incredibly excited about this one, and many others are looking at it pretty fondly as potentially their first Monster Hunter game.

Silent Hill 2 Watch the release date trailer | Watch the gameplay trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: 2024-10-08
    An overhauled remaster of the 2001 classic for PS2 which was announced prior. This version aims to recapture fans of the franchise as well as introduce potential new fans to the series.

Alien: Rogue Incursion Watch the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: Holiday 2024
    Another PSVR2 title. Not much was shown here, but the idea of another Alien-themed survival horror VR game sounds enticing!

Marvel Rivals Watch the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: Closed beta starts 2024-07-??
    This seems like a squad-based third-person PvP game similar to games like Smite with a Marvel theme.

Dynasty Warriors: Origins Watch the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: 2025
    The 10th mainline entry in the series, this one will focus around the player's create-a-character. It also touts the ability to give units commands, such as ordering archer fire.

Ballad of Antara Watch the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: 2025 - beta test coming
    An action RPG with a light world/dark world kind of twist. It looks to play in that 1vFew-style focused combat, similar to games like Dark Souls or Elden Ring. I'm digging the premise so far!

Infinity Nikki Watch the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: Test in Q3 2024
    Labelled as a "dress-up adventure game." It looks like you gain different abilities based on the outfit you're wearing. Seems cute!

Where Winds Meet Watch the trailer | Official PS blog entry | Release: TBD
    A Wuxia-based "super-human, open-world martial arts adventure."
    Last edited by Selbaek; 06-19-2024, 12:31 PM.
  • Random Encounter
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

The new Dynasty Warriors bit has my attention. I've always wanted those games to take a little more strategic direction.

Comment

• The Grimace
      Valiant
      • Mar 2024

Astro Bot will definitely get a purchase from me. Astro's Playroom was the best console pack-in since Wii Sports. I'm looking forward to chilling more with my robo buddy!

Comment

• Selbaek
        The Hero's Legend
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
        Astro Bot will definitely get a purchase from me. Astro's Playroom was the best console pack-in since Wii Sports. I'm looking forward to chilling more with my robo buddy!
        It really was! Every tech demo Astro Bot has been a part of has been pretty wonderful. I've got full faith that their first adventure game will be pretty top-notch.

Comment

Working...