• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Introduce yourself!

Post your introductions here! You can be as detailed or vague as you like, but we want to know: where did you come from?
  • Althena
    The Goddess
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

Myself, I'm a founding member and former moderator of GameSekai, and the original owner of Valiant Gamers from back in 2005. I've held on to the domain all this time, and I was mentioning that one day to Selbaek and he came up with the suggestion of bringing it back. I knew I'd have to have my right-hand admin Random Encounter from OGVG (OG Valiant Gamers) by my side, and our mission began. I'm so happy to see all these faces, both old and new, and I can't wait to build this community with you!

Comment

• Selbaek
      The Hero's Legend
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

I was feeling a little nostalgic, I guess!

I was "The Hero's Legend," then later "Jinketsu" back in the GameSekai days. I had phased out of visiting the site, along with a lot of others, due to what I attribute as an addiction to Final Fantasy XI, so I didn't really see the transition to Valiant Gamers - however I've kept in touch with a few people from the GameSekai days, and they've been great friends over the last ~20 years. I'm hoping we can find a use case for people to join and utilize the forum here!

Comment

• Dakotah
        The Furry
        Valiant
        • Jan 2024

Greetings! I am Dakotah, the local tiger man furry thing

Met everyone through the fc on ff14, most people seemed chill so i started interacting with people cause loneliness is a bitch, and here i am.

been gaming since the snes days, though my heart belongs to the sega genesis and its amazing music sound chip. fave game genres are point and click, adventure and rpgs. got more into music through loving vg music, which lead to me loving female fronted metal bands since i was little. i was the guy everyone went to when they wanted to find new ones lol. my current fave bands are Lacuna Coil, The Birthday Massacre and Blackbriar. got to meet the lead singer of Lacuna Coil at my first concert at a music store on easter sunday when i was 16. music tastes consisted of anything sad and depressing for the longest time, which led to me becoming goth in middle school. though i do listen to a little bit of everything, my fave genres being symphonic metal, electroindustrial and synthwave. my fave songs end up being dark love songs, unrequited love, doomed lovers, possessiveness, just anything obviously dark but made romantic.

the main thing i do is draw. ive been drawing since i was 3/4 years old so holy shit its been 30 years now jfc. started off drawing the covers of anime vhs tapes and then years later i entered my nightmare before christmas and invader zim era haha. nowadays, and since i was about 16 or 17, got into furry and have been lost to the fluff ever since.

uhhh what else.. tryin to think of something that isnt just sad and depressing haha

i love beaches, nature, faeries, merfolk, cyberpunk pink neon cities, desert arabian settings, old school animation/fantasy/anime, 80s fashion, MIDI music, pecorino romano, hoagies, sushi, pho, probably a lot more food

guess thats it for now haha

Comment

• Althena
          The Goddess
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Boomer Tiger
          pecorino romano
          Big same, Locatelli brand in particular 😉

Comment

• Sarthis
            • Jan 2024

Hey there! My name is Sarthis and I've been playing games for... well, as long as I can remember. The first gaming moment I remember though was when I was a wee lad, and I popped in that golden LoZ cartridge for the first time and heard the now iconic theme, and it was all done from there. I was hooked. I haven't had much experience in moderating forums, per se, but I ran a Heroic raiding guild through end of WotLK in WoW to the start of MoP, and been an officer/moderator basically everywhere I've went since. I definitely appreciate the introduction into this community from Althena, and hope to get to know you all better in the future! If you ever need anything, please feel free to hit me up and I'll do anything I can ^.^!

Comment

• Wandervox
              Valiant
              • Feb 2024

Howdy! Name's Wandervox ("Vox" works just as well, if you're an exceptionally lazy typist like myself). I was stricken with an incurable case of wanderlust fairly early in life (hence, "wander") but, am usually found at home where the gaming PC is. Always been more of a console kid but, when you tend to spend much of your time at the desk as opposed to the living room and get yourself a nicely spec'd PC? The habits change quickly. This is not to say I spend less than great deals of time on console, though.

Speaking of consoles... as someone who grew up with an Atari 2600 in the days when they were all newfangled, a love for retro burns within me. I dearly miss the 'golden age' of console JRPGs on the SNES, and hold the Sega CD in the highest regard (ask me about Lunar! Actually, maybe don't, unless you have several hours you're willing to spend listening to an old man carry a rant on a single breath). Also, the Sega Saturn is the best console there ever was and deserved better. Fite me.

I don't watch as much anime as I shou... err, could, but I've found myself sliding back into the habit. Both free time and inclination are there, so it's been easy to get back into. As with gaming, I'm hopelessly attached to many old-school titles. Far too many to mention, tracing as to the mid-'80s or so. My first exposure to anime was 'Riding Bean' at age 15, which may or may not provide insight into my personality being what it is. XD

There's a lot more history to go through, but this is probably enough already. And hey, what inspires interaction like secrets? ^_-

In the present, most of my time is taken up with gaming, writing, listening to music occupying a rather odd spotting of genres, and putting time into Twitch (on both the streaming and viewing sides).

I wasn't present within this community until now but, due to Althena's influence, I've been passingly aware of its presence since perhaps the early '00s, and was inspired to join the ranks today. Nice to meet y'all!

Comment

• Althena
                The Goddess
                Administrator
                • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Wandervox
                I wasn't present within this community until now but, due to Althena's influence, I've been passingly aware of its presence since perhaps the early '00s, and was inspired to join the ranks today. Nice to meet y'all!
                Thy goddess commanded it, and so shall it be, such as it is written.

But seriously- So excited to finally see you here! Only took you 20 or so years! 😘

Comment

• Random Encounter
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2024

I'm really late to this game, but I'd be remiss not to make a post myself.

I met Althena and Selbaek when I joined GameSekai a looooong time ago back in 2003. I came looking for a soundtrack and ended up staying and making a lot of good friends. Eventually, they trusted me with moderation and administration. Why, I have no idea. But here I am.

It's already assumed I'm here because I like games, but I also enjoy computing and technology in general. I also like to cook, travel, read, and watch all manner of film. I'm also a bit of a linguistics nerd.

I miss this format, and I think it has a place in our current Internet. I look forward to working with you all to make this place one that's enjoyable to visit. 😁

Comment

• Althena
                    The Goddess
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Random Encounter
                    I'm also a bit of a linguistics nerd.
                    Funnily enough, I think that that fact, which we happen to have in common, is one of the things that kept us friends over the years. But only *one* of the many things. ❤

Comment

• binhqx
                      • Mar 2024

Hi all, binhqx here. I met Althena IRL back during the Wii days.

I’m a software engineer that lives in the Seattle area. My jam are puzzle games with rich environmental storytelling (think Myst, Talos Principle 2, or What Remains of Edith Finch). Though recently, I have a good crew for weekly pirate adventures on the Sea of Thieves.

I’m excited to see this old school gaming community pull together. It good to meet everyone.

Comment

• Althena
                        The Goddess
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by binhqx
                        Hi all, binhqx here. I met Althena IRL back during the Wii days.

I’m a software engineer that lives in the Seattle area. My jam are puzzle games with rich environmental storytelling (think Myst, Talos Principle 2, or What Remains of Edith Finch). Though recently, I have a good crew for weekly pirate adventures on the Sea of Thieves.

I’m excited to see this old school gaming community pull together. It good to meet everyone.
                        Great to see you here, binhqx! I knew this would be right up your alley😁Next time I'm in Seattle we have to back to that speakeasy, if it's still there. That was a fun night. Still waiting for EdgarVerona to introduce himself to everyone.

Comment

• The Grimace
                          Valiant
                          • Mar 2024

Hi there, I'm the Grimace. I also go by "Pat," "Knives," and a bunch of other various aliases from throughout the years I can't entirely remember.

I was a member of Valiant Gamers and its previous incarnations back in the day, but I can't remember what moniker I went by at the time.

I prefer to play Thief and Rogue characters, particularly ones that dual wield. I play a wide array of games on console, and I primarily use a fickle laptop so I don't often play high quality games on it.

Also, I would like a Moonblast or a Big Blue Fairy! Max karmotrine when available.

Comment

• Althena
                            The Goddess
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
                            Hi there, I'm the Grimace. I also go by "Pat," "Knives," and a bunch of other various aliases from throughout the years I can't entirely remember.

I was a member of Valiant Gamers and its previous incarnations back in the day, but I can't remember what moniker I went by at the time.

I prefer to play Thief and Rogue characters, particularly ones that dual wield. I play a wide array of games on console, and I primarily use a fickle laptop so I don't often play high quality games on it.

Also, I would like a Moonblast or a Big Blue Fairy! Max karmotrine when available.
                            It was either Knives, of Zidane Tribal on GS/OGVG. You'll always be Subby to me though 💗

Comment

• The Grimace
                              Valiant
                              • Mar 2024

Ohhh I see now! Yeah, I think you're right- Well, I'm happy with the Grimace for now, so this will do just fine going forward. Thanks for remembering.

Comment

Working...