• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Selbaek
    The Hero's Legend
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

2024 Game Announcement Shows!

It's that time of year! Where E3 used to grace us with a designated spot for these announcements and presentations, we've got livestreams from various companies showing off their latest trailers and reveals for games slated to come within the next year or so. I'm going to try and compile everything here, so there's an easy place to look back and see what all was announced. Feel free to post about what excited you here!

I'm a little late getting to this, as I intended to have this going prior to all the stuff that's happened over the weekend, but better late than never!

EDIT: I've changed this thread from a summer-based collection of announcement presentations to the entire year. There's a ton of fun shows surrounding this all year long, and I felt like this thread would better be presented as a year-long endeavor!

PlayStation State of Play (May 30, 3pm PT / 6pm ET)
    Watch the show | Jump to thread
    Sony's usual digital presentation, going on since 2019.

OTK Games Expo 2024 (June 04, 12pm PT / 3pm ET)
    A games expo revealing upcoming indie games hosted by Asmongold.

Guerilla Collective 2024 + Publisher Spotlight 2024 (June 06, 10am PT, 1pm ET)
    Celebrate 5 years with The Guerrilla Collective with one of the most amazing collections of games. Tune in for some of the biggest and best indies hitting the spotlight this summer.

Access-Ability Summer Showcase 2024 (June 07, 10am PT / 1pm ET)
    Watch the show
    A show hosted by disabled gamer and accessibility consultant Laura Kate Dale. The showcase will also feature various guests from the disabled gamer community, some of whom include Arevya and SightlessKombat.

Summer Game Fest (June 07, 2pm PT / 5pm ET)
    The big show, considered by some to be E3's replacement. Headed by Geoff Keighley and hosted by thegameawards. Lots of reveals here. There were so many reveals and showcases that I had to split this up into 2 posts due to character limit.

Day of the Devs (June 07, 4pm PT / 7pm ET)
    Watch the Show | Jump to thread
    A celebration of developers and their games, since 2012.
    This followed the Summer Game Fest livestream as part of the same stream, hosted by thegameawards.

Devolver Direct (June 07, 5pm PT / 8pm ET)
    Publisher Devolver's own take on a digital presentation for announcements. Usually tongue-in-cheek.

Future of Play Direct (June 08, 8am PT / 11am ET)
    A Toonami-style presentation about upcoming Indie games.

Wholesome Direct (June 08, 9am PT / 12pm ET)
    A presentation dedicated to showcasing upcoming Indie games with a chill and relaxing vibe.

Latin America Games Showcase (June 08, 10am PT / 1pm ET)
    Watch the Show
    Solely focused on games and developers from the LATAM region.

Women-Led Games (June 08, 11:30am PT / 2:30pm ET)
    Watch the Show
    Bringing recognition to women-led and majority women studios.

Future Games Show (June 08, 12pm PT / 3pm ET)
    Watch the Show
    A digital showcase event brought to you by GamesRadar.

Xbox Games Showcase (June 09, 10am PT / 1pm ET)
    View the Show
    Microsoft's official presentation show. It is followed by a 30 minute Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 presentation

PC Gaming Show (June 09, 1pm PT / 4pm ET)
    Watch the Show
    Presented by PC Gamer, showcasing upcoming PC games.

Ubisoft Forward (June 10, 12pm PT / 3pm ET)
    Watch the Show
    Ubisoft's official presentation show.

Black Voices in Gaming - Summer Edition 2024 (June 12, 10am PT / 1pm ET)
    Watch the show
    A showcase highlighting games being developed by primarily black developers.

Dames 4 Games 2024 Summer Showcase (June 12, 11am PT / 2pm ET)
    Watch the show
    Dames 4 Games is building a vibrant community where women can connect, collaborate, and champion each other's achievements. Check out all of the wonderful titles coming from this community.

Stream for a Cause - 2024 Summer Edition (June 12, 12:30pm PT / 3:30pm ET)
    Watch the show
    Stream for a Cause is revolutionizing the approach to charitable giving through content creation. Check out some of the best streamers you need to know about when they play and raise money for charity.

Nintendo Direct (June 18, 7am PT / 10am ET)
    40 minutes focused on Nintendo Switch games coming in the second half of 2024.
    There will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during this presentation.

LRG3 2024 (June 20, 11am PT / 2pm ET)
    Watch the show
    Limited Run Games hosts their satirical version of E3, showcasing new and upcoming games they will be publishing physical copies for.

Capcom Next (July 01, 3pm PT / 6pm ET)
    Watch the show
    A surprise show from Capcom showcasing the titles it plans to release within the next year.

Gamescom Opening Night Live (August 23, 11am PT / 2pm ET)
    Watch the show
    The big convention over in Germany. This presentation was headed up by Geoff Keighley of the Game Awards, with a pre-show by Kyle Bosman.

Nintendo Indie World + Partner Showcase Direct (August 27, 7am PT / 10am ET)
    Watch the show
    This was rumored to have originally been two separate presentations for September but was moved up to August to make room for potential successor console announcements in September instead.

PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation (September 10, 8am PT / 11am ET)
    Watch the show
    The 9-minute Technical Presentation will focus on PS5 and innovations in gaming technology. Sony fumbled a 12-second teaser video with the show's date by labeling it "PS5 Pro" before renaming it. The internet had already seen the mistake.

PlayStation State of Play (September 24, 3pm PT / 6pm ET)
    Watch the show
    A showcase to announce and remind us of games in development for all current platforms. PlayStation 5, PlayStation VR2, and enhancements for PlayStation 5 Pro.

Gamirror Games Now TGS 2024 Special (September 25, 8pm PT / 11pm ET)
    Watch the Show
    The first show to showcase some game footage during the Tokyo Game Show live presentations. Hosted by TGS themselves.

Xbox Tokyo Game Show 2024 Broadcast (September 26, 3am PT / 6am ET)
    Watch the Show
    An hour-long pre-recorded presentation showcasing games geared for the Japanese market.

SNK Special Program (September 26, 4am PT / 7am ET)
    Watch the Show
    Updates on Fatal Fury: City of Wolves and other titles.

"Dynasty Warriors: Origins" TGS Official Program (September 26, 5am PT / 8am ET)
    Watch the Show
    Tomohiko Sho (Producer) teams up with some media personalities to show off some features and new gameplay.

TGS2024 Capcom Online Program (September 26, 7am PT / 10am ET)
    Watch the Show
    Updates to already-announced games.

Koei Tecmo LIVE! in TGS2024 (September 27, 1am PT / 4am ET)
    Watch the Show
    The big TGS showcase, updating with information for all upcoming games.

The Hundred Line -Last Defense Academy- SPECIAL PROGRAM (September 27, 2am PT / 5am ET)
    Watch the Show
    An hour-long segment of interviews, updates, and gameplay for The Hundred Line -Last Defense Academy-.

Sega/Atlus Special Program in TGS2024 (September 27, 3am PT / 6am ET)
    Watch the Show
    Updates to upcoming titles plus a look at the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 movie. The English version of this broadcast was only hosted on the official Tokyo Game Show YouTube channel.

Infinity Nikki Special Program at TGS 2024 (September 27, 6am PT / 9am ET)
    Watch the Show
    The magical girl dress changing exploration "coziest open world" game, showcased with Kentaro Tominaga the sub-director of the game.

Dungeon Stalkers TGS 2024 Special Program (September 27, 7am PT / 10am ET)
    Watch the Show
    A pre-recorded set of gameplay and explanations, with a word from Han Dae-hoon, the lead producer of Dungeon Stalkers.

Sense of Wonder Night 2024 (September 27, 6:30pm PT / 9:30pm ET)
    Watch the Show
    A pitch event where eight finalists chosen by judges from the Selected Indie 80 titles will present their innovative game ideas.The winners of the seven awards will be announced.

PlayStation® Presents『DEATH STRANDING 2』Special Stage!! (September 28, 6pm PT / 9pm ET)
    Watch the Show
    An entire show dedicated to the upcoming title from Kojima Productions.

Tokyo Game Show 2024 Square Enix Asia Special Program (September 29, 12:30am PT / 3:30am ET)
    Watch the Show
    A live show showcasing Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake and Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven. There are also some small updates to other titles.

Xbox Partner Preview (October 17, 10am PT / 1pm ET)
    In this latest installment, they feature a mix of new and upcoming games from partners like Remedy Entertainment, Sega, 505 Games, and many more - with over a dozen new trailers over the course of around 25 minutes.
    Last edited by Selbaek; 10-14-2024, 01:33 PM.
  • Selbaek
    The Hero's Legend
    Administrator
    • Jan 2024

I decided it was better to break up each show into their own thread instead of posts within a single thread. It will be easier navigate all the dang games and trailers that have been shown this season. Still, everyone is welcome to comment about the shows in this thread.

Rumor has it that, thanks to GameSpot misunderstanding something that Innersloth told them regarding an Among Us trailer, we very well may see the Nintendo Direct on June 18th. Nintendo never gives us much more than like.. a day's advance notice, so we won't know until maybe the 17th.

Comment

• Selbaek
      The Hero's Legend
      Administrator
      • Jan 2024

Nintendo tweeted (X'ed?) their official announcement this morning, which wraps this thread up at least from a schedule standpoint. I have been incredibly busy, so I haven't been able to keep up with the show threads like I've wanted to, but rest assured they are still coming!

Comment

• Selbaek
        The Hero's Legend
        Administrator
        • Jan 2024

Well, never mind! Limited Run had a showcase yesterday afternoon that I wasn't even aware of. Some pretty exciting (and nostalgic) stuff in that show. I should have a thread for it soon enough.

Comment

• Selbaek
          The Hero's Legend
          Administrator
          • Jan 2024

And yet another show missed - the Guerilla Collective show from Kinda Funny Games. This aired live on the 6th, in between the PlayStation State of Play and the Summer Game Fest stream. If there are any other showcases I've missed, please comment here so I can get it on the list and get a thread made!

Comment

• Selbaek
            The Hero's Legend
            Administrator
            • Jan 2024

OTK Games Expo is another I missed, happening between the PlayStation State of Play and Guerilla Collective
            And then I also missed the Access-Ability Summer Showcase! Goodness, the more I learn the more overwhelming this project is turning out! Haha.

Comment

• Selbaek
              The Hero's Legend
              Administrator
              • Jan 2024

Adding to the list once again!

Black Voices in Gaming, Dames 4 Games, and Stream for a Cause are three segments of a long livestream by MIX that happened on July 12.

Comment

• Selbaek
                The Hero's Legend
                Administrator
                • Jan 2024

Adding in the Capcom Next stream that aired recently. What a pleasant little surprise!

Comment

• Selbaek
                  The Hero's Legend
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2024

Gamescom has come and gone, and almost surprisingly a double feature of Nintendo presentations mashed into one happened in August as well! Both of those have been added to the list. I'm going to change this from "Summer 2024" to just "2024" so it's a bigger comprehensive list to keep track of. Please let me know if I'm missing anything, whether it be before I add the beginning of the year presentations or something within the barrage of summer presentations I seem to keep discovering, haha.

Rumor has it that the Nintendo presentations were meant to be separate and spread throughout September, but that their console successor reveal plans moved up and so they moved these presentations up as well to make room for September console announcements. We'll see if that holds true, but so far all the rumors have been lining up so I can't say I'm not excited!

Comment

• The Grimace
                    Valiant
                    • Mar 2024

Interesting. I wonder when they're gonna decide to actually release more information on Switch Successor now. I will say I'm very happy with the announcements we've had recently!

Comment

• Kustom
                      • Jan 2024

Yeah there's definitely a noticeable ramp up. A "switch 2" to go with our OG switch and backwards compatibility will go a long way.

Comment

• Selbaek
                        The Hero's Legend
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2024

To the surprise of no one, Sony is coming through with the PS5 Pro rumors and giving us a "PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation" tomorrow morning. I'll bet we get a reveal, release plans, and pricing on the console upgrade. I also feel like it's still too soon for a hardware upgrade... but then I remember it's already been about 4 years since the system launched.

EDIT: Seems it's definitely a PS5 Pro presentation as Sony has done their own little oopsie.
                        They probably did this on purpose, but...
                        Sony released an unlisted 12 second teaser video on their official YouTube channel that just has the "PS5" logo and then the dates for the Presentation on the 10th. Likely to be used as a bit of hype between now and tomorrow morning's video.
                        The video was titled "PS5 Pro". The video quickly had its title changed, but not quickly enough.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Selbaek; 09-10-2024, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Selbaek
                          The Hero's Legend
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2024

I just added what I believe is all of the shows with announcements/updates for Tokyo Game Show, which ran through last weekend. As always, please let me know if I forgot a show at all!

Comment

• The Grimace
                            Valiant
                            • Mar 2024

It's wild to me that TGS is still a thing while E3 is dead. I'm thrilled TGS is still around, but man, it's sad to think about how we don't really have anything quite like it over in the states anymore.

I mean, sure, we have conventions like PAX and that's about as close as we're going to get now. And PAX rocks! - it's wonderful to be able to speak with AAA developers and indie developers alike, and see all of the advancements that are happening with indie devs especially. But to my knowledge, a major news doesn't generally circulate through PAX, like it does with TGS and did with E3. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the feeling I got from attending PAX in 2021 and 2022. My vision may have been limited due to COVID's effects on the event.

I guess I just wanna say that I'm glad we do still have something like TGS around.

Comment

• Selbaek
                              The Hero's Legend
                              Administrator
                              • Jan 2024

Originally posted by The Grimace
                              I guess I just wanna say that I'm glad we do still have something like TGS around.
                              To be fair, while it's not exactly the same thing with everything jam-packed into a weekend, the companies that would regularly have shows at E3 are having their own shows throughout the Summer. Typically pretty close to each other. This thread actually started as a collection of just those presentations, but blew wide open when I realized just how many different shows there actually are and felt it was a better idea to get all the shows year-round rounded up.

I kind of appreciate that all those shows have been spread out across a few months. My time these days isn't what it used to be, so I would really miss out on the in-the-moment hype announcements as they're presented live. It's fine reading about all of that later on media sites and videos, but it's just not quite the same as being pleasantly surprised, impressed, etc. with the news straight from the horse's mouth. Plus, if I'm able to get some friends together to watch together, that's all the better!

Comment

Working...